Court conviction: Dikko, Salihu on the run

Court conviction: Dikko, Salihu on the run


…As Police, DSS storm LMC Office

A combined team of men the Nigerian Police Force and Department of State Security on Wednesday stormed the headquarters of the League Management Company (LMC) to effect the arrest of the chairman and chief operating officer, Shehu Dikko and Salihu Abubakar respectively after the Jos High Court served them the warrant of arrest.
Accompanied by court bailiff from the Jos High court, the police high command in Abuja and Jos invaded the premises located at the highbrow Maitama district and ransacked the offices but were disappointed when non of the duo were found.
Staffers of the LMC shocked by the incident however conducted the security operatives round the offices. After the search, the operatives moved out of the building for consultations and returned for another round of search before leaving.
When journalists who had thronged the LMC office on hearing of the development asked the operatives of their mission at the office, they declined comments but directed them to the court bailiff who accompanied them to effect the arrest.The bailiff, Blessing Yobo said she had the warrant of arrest signed by Justice I I Kunda of Jos High Court for the arrest of the top shots of the LMC.
She disclosed that they did not see the wanted persons after thorough search of the facility but declared that they will be apprehended before the end of the week
They have however extended their dragnet to possible locations where they could be apprehended.”We are here with a warrant of arrest to arrest the duo of Salihu Abubakar and Shehu Dikko from the Jos High Cort but after a thorough search we could not apprehend any of them but we are not giving up on arresting them.We are going to turn our searchlight on other places were they could be hiding,” she said
It could be recalled that a Jos High Court last Friday sentenced Dikko and Salihu to two weeks imprisonment for disobeying a court order which ordered the Nigeria Professional Football League to either reinstate the Nigeria Premier League side, Giwa Football Club and reschedule all their matches or stop the league and pursue their appeal at the Appeal Court. The LMC top officials went ahead and continued with the league without reinstating Giwa FC. This scenario led to the court issuing Form 48 and 49 to them before sentencing them to prison.