Osoba, Donald Duke among stranded passengers as Arik resumes operations

Osoba, Donald Duke among stranded passengers as Arik resumes operations

SHARE

Following the suspension of operations on Tuesday due to documentation relating to insurance renewal, Arik Air, at about 11am on Wednesday, September 14, resumed scheduled flights.

The airline had said yesterday that it was working round the clock to resolve the necessary documentation, which had been a challenge due to the long weekend and holidays.

In a statement by its spokesman, Adebanji Ola, the airline said it had resumed normal operations.

The airline said it regretted the unfortunate inconvenience caused to its customers and reassured them of expedient rebooking of affected flights.

Meanwhile, prominent Nigerians where among hundreds of passengers that were left stranded in London following the inability of Arik to airlift passengers from London Heathrow Airport yesterday.

Among the prominent Nigerians were former Governors of Ogun and Cross River States, Aremo Olusegun Osoba and Donald Duke.

One of the affected passengers who spoke from London yesterday alleged that Arik Air cancelled its Sept 13 flight to Nigeria without telling the passengers the reasons for such unilateral decision.

Passengers waiting to board the aircraft were said to have been shocked when the cancellation was officially announced around 9.48pm Tuesday night.

The passenger said there was confusion momentarily at the Arik desk in Gate 14, Terminal 4 of the Heathrow Airport.

All the passengers were later taken in a bus provided by Arik to their hotels. Most of the passengers reportedly got to their hotels very late in the night.

NO COMMENTS