… says ‘I give thanks to Almighty God’
… as SLS for 2023 sensation begins
Musa Dan Lafia in Awe, Nasarawa State
Hajia Sa’adatu Hussain, mother of former Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, says she has left the circumstances surrounding the travails of her son to God.
The octogenarian said she had resigned herself to fate concerning the dethronement of her son as the Emir of Kano and would only continue to pray for him.
Sanusi was last Monday dethroned by the Kano State Government and banished, first to Loko and later to Awe in Nasarawa State, where he was detained in an apartment in the town.
But on Friday, a Federal High Court in Abuja ordered the police and Department of State Service to release him from confinement.
The former Emir, the same Friday afternoon, left Awe, Nasarawa State, in company with the Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, who had come on a visit to him.
Hajia Hussain, who could not hide her elated feelings, spoke exclusively with our correspondent in Awe, Nasarawa State, where her son had been held in confinement before he was set free by the court.
She spoke a few minutes before Sanusi departed Awe in company with Governor El-Rufai.
Speaking in Hausa language, she said that she would continue to pray for Sanusi as he begins a new life outside his Kano Emirate domain.
Hajia Hussain said, “I have nothing to say other than to express my profound gratitude to the Almighty creator.
“Infact, I have to extend my profound gratitude to God for this gesture offered to my son. We would continue to pray and pray for him.”
The deposed Kano emir has since reunited with his family members in Lagos.
Meanwhile, a number of Nigerians who kicked hard against the Kano State Government’s decision on Sanusi have called on the former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria to contest for President in 2023.
They said this just as some fans also noted that Sanusi, with a situation where monarchs had to patronise their state governors to keep their thrones, was bigger than such thrones.
There was a viral video of a man who said Sanusi did not need money to contest, that well meaning Nigerians would sponsor him.
“I am ready to sell my property to support Sanusi. Ganduje’s children should stage a protest against their father for removing Sanusi, a world class emir,” he said.
The sensation, tagged, “SLS for 2023” has gained momentum, as proponents assert that the former Emir’s dethronement is a blessing in disguise for Nigerians.
A political analyst, based in Chicago, United States, Mr. Adeniyi Shobowale, said, “Sanusi is the next President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Mark my words. They pushed him to glory. We need him in the whole of Nigeria, not just Kano.”