Four people have sustained varying degrees of injuries after some gas cylinders exploded in the Ijaiye, Agege area of Lagos State.
It was learnt that the explosion occurred in the early hours of Monday in a shop stored with gas cylinders.
The Permanent Secretary of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Femi Oke-Osanyintolu, while confirming the incident, said one of the gas cylinders exploded as a result of gas leakage and caught fire in the process.
He said no life was lost, adding that the injured victims, which include three females and a male, suffered second-degree burns.
Osanyintolu also disclosed that the victims were immediately attended to by the Agency’s prehospital care, alongside LASAMBUS.
He said, “The victims have also been moved to Lagos University Teaching Hospital, LASUTH.
“The inferno has been completely put out by the combined effort of LASEMA LRT, Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service.
“A post-incident assessment was conducted by the Agency’s LRT alongside LASG Fire. The shop has been cordoned off to avert a secondary incident.”