Oyo State Governor, ‘Seyi Makinde, has approved the appointment of 33 Local Government Education Secretaries for all the local councils in the state.
The appointments, which were made public on Wednesday, were communicated through a letter signed by the Secretary to the State Government, Mrs. Olubamiwo Adeosun.
A statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the governor, Taiwo Adisa, indicated that the appointments were with effect from December 19, 2019.
The statement quoted Adeosun as congratulating the new Local Government Education Secretaries, charging them to see their appointments as a call to service and urging them to discharge their duties with absolute loyalty, dedication and diligence.
The letter equally mandated that the gesture should also be replicated at the local government level with the establishment of Local Government Universal Basic Education Agencies and the appointment of part-time chairmen and other members in all the LGUBEAs in the state, in accordance with the relevant extant regulations.
The names of the 33 new LGE Secretaries are as follows:
S/N Local Government Names
1. Afijio – Mr. Olaoye Amos Olubanjo
2. Akinyele – Adewale Adesina
3. Atiba – Salam Wasiu Adewale
4. Atisbo – Raji Ishau Bolanle
5. Egbeda – Mrs. Alamu Olatundun O.
6. Ibadan North – Adewumi Adebusola Adejoke
7. Ibadan North East – Akintonde George Olubayo
8. Ibadan West – Ayoade Kehinde David
9. Ibadan South East – Mr. Oyebamiji James Olumide
10. Ibadan South West – Mrs. Morenike Adeniran
11. Ibarapa Central – Mr. Olugbenga Okeowo
12. Ibarapa East – Afolabi Alice Funmi
13. Ibarapa North – Olaniyan Sidikat Abidemi
14. Ido – Bukola Mumini
15. Irepo – Ojo Abdulsalam Jimoh
16. Iseyin – Mr. Kazeem Muslim Kolawole
17. Itesiwaju – Akinyele Bukola Adebimpe
18. Iwajowa – Adetunji Adedoyin Funmilola
19. Kajola – Mrs. Taiwo Serifat Oyenike
20. Lagelu – Odeyemi Amos Olubayo
21. Ogbomoso North – Mrs. Adepoju Alice Omowumi
22. Ogbomoso South – Adediran Mathew Oluremi
23. Ogo-Oluwa – Mr. Lasisi Morufu Olayioye
24. Olorunsogo – Lanre Aremu
25. Oluyole – Ganiyu Waheed Adesina
26. Ona-Ara – Mr. Wasiu Tunde Folarin
27. Oorelope – Odejide George
28. Oriire – Ayinde Amos Adeniyi
29. Oyo East – Funmilayo Adekunbi Olajumoke
30. Oyo West – Mrs. Bamidele Rhoda Oluremi
31. Saki East – Adewoyin Zacceus Adeniyi
32. Saki West – Olalere Lukmon Olayanju
33. Surulere – Akanni Timothy.