… as EFCC re-arraigns him
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has lost another plea to deny Chief Raymond Dokpesi a bail after it re-arraigned the suspect on a six-count charge of fraud worth N2.1 billion.
The suspect, who appeared before Justice John Tsoho of the federal high court, Abuja today, pleaded not-guilty to the charges before the case was adjourned the case to March 2 and 3, 2016.
Wole Olanipekun, Dokpesi’s lawyer, said his client had been of good behaviour and that he deserve the bail granted.
Rotimi Jacobs, counsel to the EFCC, explained to the court that there was a need for Dokpesi to take a fresh plea. “My lord, we would refer that this matter was transferred to your lordship, there is need for a fresh plea, my lord,” he said.
Dokpesi is alleged to have received N2.1 billion from the former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki for the media campaign of the Peoples Democratic Party. The money is said to be part of funds meant for arms purchase and allegedly diverted to other purposes by the former NSA.